"His Hand In Mine"
Here is the cover art work for next month's FTD release in the classic albums series, His Hand In Mine
New Elvis Christmas CDs
'' Elvis Christmas '' is the new Wal-Mart Sony/BMG exclusive with an extra bonus track ( Somebody Bigger Than You And I - previously unreleased take 12 ) . This CD features 24 songs and sticker on front states '' As Seen On TV - Elvis's 2 original Christmas albums available for the first time on one CD! ''
'' Elvis Presley - Blue Christmas '' is the new Sony/BMG USA and features only eight tracks : O Come, All Ye Faithful ; The First Noel ; Winter Wonderland ; Silver Bells ; Blue Christmas ; Silent Night ; White Christmas ; I'll Be Home For Christmas .
ELVIS PRESLEY - MEMPHIS RECORDING SERVICE THE RISE OF ELVIS PRESLEY - VOLUME 2: 1955
The Rise Of Elvis Presley: 1955 is scheduled for release at the end of November 2006. Much bigger in all proportions than its predecessor Volume 1 will consist of a 5.1 audio DVD, a vinyl 45 RPM single containing the original 45rpm Sun Master 223 'Mystery Train' and a detailed book.
"Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash - Road Show" DVD/CD set
Set for release on October 30, 2006 is the DVD/CD combination "Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash - Road Show". This release is region code 2.
Synopsis: Sun Records, the brainchild of Sam Phillips, began life at 706 Union Avenue, Memphis in 1949. Sam Phillips' motto was "We Record Anything - Anywhere - Anytime" and in 1954 he signed the first of what was to become known as the Million Dollar Quartet: Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins.
In 1954 Elvis actually paid Sun Records for the privilege of making his first recording and Johnny Cash finally plucked up the courage to audition for Sam Phillips¿ and Sam was singularly unimpressed - by either of them. Luckily, they persevered and he changed his mind and thus began the rise of two of the greatest stars of the music world.
This amazing DVD captures over 30 of the early performances of Presley and Cash as they were taking their first steps on the ladder to stardom and international fame and on the accompanying audio CD they are joined by their Million Dollar Quartet cohorts, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins in a truly memorable collection of recordings.
Let's Be Friends and You'll Never Walk Alone Released on CD
The Elvis Presley Camden album's Let's Be Friends and You'll Never Walk Alone are to be released on CD by BMG Special Products. Both albums were originally released in the seventies. 'Mama' on 'Let's Be Friends' will not be the original LP version but the 58 seconds version as released on the Double Features CD release.
Let's Be Friends original track listing:
01 Stay Away, Joe
02 If I'm A Fool (For Loving You)
03 Let's Be Friends
05 I'll Be There (If You Ever Want Me)
07 Change Of Habit
08 Have A Happy
09 Let's Forget About The Stars
You'll Never Walk Alone original track listing:
You´ll Never Walk Alone
Who Am I?
Let Us Pray
(There´ll Be) Peace In the Valley (For Me)
We Call On Him
It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)
Sing You Children
Take My Hand, Precious Lord
"Writing For The King" FTD (book + CD)
400-Page Book and 2 CDs!
Ken Sharp’s book includes more than 140 interviews with songwriters like John Fogerty, Paul McCartney, Leiber & Stoller, Pomus & Shuman, Phil Spector, Tommy Durden, Red West, Mark James, Tony Joe White and publisher Freddy Bienstock. "Writing for the King" is a fascinating behind-the-scenes story of politics, money, inspiration and great trivia about Elvis and the songs he turned into classics.
Included is a CD of previously unreleased RCA recordings of Elvis performing live in Las Vegas (1969 through 1972) plus a second CD with a selection of the original demos submitted to Elvis. The demo CD takes us from “Heartbreak Hotel” through classics like “Teddy Bear,” “Trouble,” “Burning Love” and “Way Down.”
Ronnie Tutt on cover of "Classic Drummer" magazine
Ronnie Tutt, drummer of Elvis, Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, Stevie Nicks, The Carpenters, Emmy Lou Harris, Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello and many, many more, was honored to be the "Featured Drummer" on the front cover of the new issue of "Classic Drummer" magazine
New DVD - "Never Ending Love"
This incredible DVD will feature footage from all eras, and does not stop in 1977! Unseen footage combined with the best available audio, promises to be the next step in STAR's body of work, this may their best work so far! It will feature 47 chapters and have a running time around 130 minutes. Some of the highlights will be:
- That's Someone You'll Never Forget; A very moving clip, about the loss of Elvis' mother Gladys
- Confidence; yes THE song from the Clambake movie, only this version will be loved by all fans, it shows Elvis "struggle" to survive the movie years, very funny clip
- The Gospel Medley; featuring a lot of new footage taken from the 3 dvd - set.
- Blue Suede Shoes; Great pictures, combined with footage from 1969 (audio is 1969 live version)
- Sweet Caroline; A newly discovered live performance from 1971, where Elvis wears the NOW suit.
- Tiger Man; This is STAR at their best!!, footage from 1968 where Elvis sings the song, combined with the 1974 footage of Elvis practicing karate, only we get the 1975 Jam AUDIO version of the song, think it won't work? Wait till you see this!
- America, the Beautiful; Very rare Live version from 1976, you see Elvis sing this song!
- I'm Leavin' ; On "LOVE COMING DOWN" this song also was used, only this time, we actually SEE Elvis sing this song, combined with footage from his final tour, and funeral this is an even better version.
- Don't Cry Daddy; THE famous duet with Lisa Marie, this is becomming an all time favorite with the fans, only seen during the 20th Anniversary concert
- The 25th Anniversary Segment; Including Movie Medley, Blue Suede Shoes (with Boots Randolph!) and Johnny B Goode. Footage is edited with more Elvis close ups!
But there is a lot more on this dvd, and like with all the STAR dvds, every fan has his own "favorite" clip, this one will have "something for everybody" and will be a definitive WINNER! Also on this dvd is a "sneak preview" of the BORN TO ROCK 2 dvd, which will be out before christmas!
The New FTD Let Yourself Go
Here is the cover art of the upcoming Follow That Dream release "Let Yourself Go - The Making of Elvis The 68 Comeback Special" which is due for release on October 1, 2006.
This Follow That Dreams CD combines previously unreleased outtakes from the sessions at Western Recorders, with the June 24 rehearsal at NBC (previously only available on bootleg). The Western recordings include the opening, the gospel sequence, the road sequence, Memories and If I Can Dream
1. Trouble/Guitar Man opening – takes 6 & 7
2. Nothingville - takes 5 & 6
3. Let Yourself Go - part 1, takes 5 & 6 + part 2, take 2 + part 3, take 6
4. Guitar Man - Escape Section 1 - fast takes 1,2,5
5. Guitar Man -After Karate Section 2 – take 1
6. Trouble/Guitar Man - After Karate Section 3 – take 2
7. Little Egypt - take 8
8. Big Boss Man – take 2
9. It Hurts Me – First part, take 5. Second part, take 3
10. Guitar Man – Escape 1 (remake) – take 6
11. Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child/Where Could I Go But To The
12. Lord - Gospel Section 1 - Rehearsal/take 1 13. Up Above My Head/I Found That Light - Gospel – Section 2, take 7
14. Saved - Gospel Section 3, take 4
15. If I Can Dream - takes 3 & 4
16. Memories (alternate vocal track)
The Dressing Room Rehearsal
1. I Got A Woman
2. Blue Moon/Young Love/Oh, Happy Day
3. When It Rains It Really Pours
4. Blue Christmas
5. Are You Lonesome Tonight?/That's My Desire
6. That's When Your Heartaches Begin
7. Peter Gunn Theme
8. Love Me
9. When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again
10. Blue Christmas/Santa Claus Is Back In Town
The New Book by Sonny West
Elvis: Still Taking Care of Business" available for pre-order: Amazon now lists Sonny West's upcoming book with a release date of May 2007. To be published by Triumph Books (ISBN: 1572439394) it can be pre-ordered from Amazon at the discounted price of US $17.13.